Contrarily to the information provided until 31 May 2013, some “Euro Protection” safety helmets do not respect any requirement in terms of electrical insulation.
This alert concerns the safety helmets identified under the following SCEM numbers:
- 50.43.30.050.4 white
- 50.43.30.060.2 yellow
- 50.43.30.070.0 blue
This amounts up to several hundreds of helmets on the CERN site.
The persons who need to wear an electrically insulated safety helmet for their activities, must from now on acquire a duly insulated item to be found on the CERN Store under the following SCEM numbers:
- 126.96.36.199.6 : Petzl Vertex ST Helmet (without vent)
- 188.8.131.520.1 : IDRA Helmet with a visor for electrical work
As for the persons who do not need to wear an electrically insulated helmet for their activities, they can continue working with these helmets.
For your information, please take note of the maximum use limit of each helmet:
- “Euro Protection” Safety Helmets (SCEM number: 50.43.30.050.4/50.43.30.060.2/50.43.30.070.0): 5 years
- Petzl Vertex ST Helmets- (without vent) (SCEM number: 184.108.40.206) : 10 years
- IDRA Helemts (SCEM number : 220.127.116.110.1) : 4 years
“Alert.firstname.lastname@example.org” is HSE Unit’s new email address through which you will now be informed of safety alerts that might concern you.