– Today at 11am, LHCb will present measurements of Z boson production using data collected at a 7 TeVcenter-of-mass energy. Watch the webcast
– The CLOUD experiment reports a major advance towards solving a long-standing enigma in climate science: how do aerosols form in the atmosphere?
– Issue 7 of Accelerating News, a quarterly publication for the accelerator community, is now available
– The LHC’s first long shutdown has provided the opportunity for a major programme of consolidation and improvements on the ATLAS detector
– At the LHC, the SMACC project’s consolidation train has just entered Sector 7-8, the third sector to be consolidated
– A key observation at the LHC marks a major milestone in a 30-year-long journey
– The cryogenic system that cools the LHC's superconducting magnets is the largest and most advanced of its kind
– Following the first 3.5 TeV collisions in March 2010, the LHC had three years of improving integrated luminosity
– The September issue takes a look behind the scenes at what underpinned the successful operation of the LHC during this first long run
– With the IceCube and ANTARES telescopes completed, there was plenty to discuss at the second Workshop on Exotic Physics with Neutrino Telescopes
– This week, teams have started X-raying the cryogenic line to examine its condition in detail
– Things are going well in all the laboratory’s accelerators
– Latest results from 10 years of proton–antiproton running.
– The physics of heavy quark–antiquark bound states is a long-standing puzzle, made more intriguing by results from the LHC.
– The Strangeness in Quark Matter 2013 conference is taking place this week until 27 July in Birmingham, UK.
– Work is progressing well on the new access and safety system being deployed across the accelerator chain
– The LHCb Collaboration has just published an important precise measurement of the Λb beauty baryon lifetime
– Viola Sordini of the Universite Claude Bernard-Lyon, France, takes us through searches for new top-quark physics at CMS
– HEPTech organises an academia-industry matching event on "Environmental applications of accelerators"
– The June 2013 issue of Accelerating News, a quarterly publication for the accelerator community, is available