Through the theme “Parallel Worlds”, CineGlobe 2022 will explore the similarities that lie behind apparent opposites. Fifty-two short films from 17 countries have been shortlisted for the Jury’s Prize and the Public Prize in the various categories (fiction, documentary, youth and immersive).
From 29 June to 3 July, come along to watch the films and help to name the winners of the Public Prize.
And there’s a lot more going on at CineGlobe besides the short films:
- Try out twice as much virtual reality as usual this year, with both interactive VR experiences and a VR cinema on offer.
- Learn the basics of cinema at our Tetra Pak Camera and Moviola Animation workshops.
- Take part in two special masterclasses: the first with Mark Levinson, producer of the documentary Particle Fever, and the second with Walter Murch, the film’s editor and a three-time Oscar winner.
- Join us in the evenings, from 9.00 p.m. onwards on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, for the screening of feature films (two of them in collaboration with our partners FIFDH and Filmar).
- Sign up for the Saturday evening Jury’s Prize and Public Prize awards ceremony, which will be followed by an aperitif with our specially invited guests and the festival’s filmmakers. Attendees will receive a pair of VR glasses to watch the winning immersive film.
- On Sunday, take part in a special evening, organised in partnership with CERN, to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the discovery of the Higgs boson, one of the greatest scientific discoveries of the 21st century. A screening of Particle Fever, with Mark Levinson and Walter Murch in attendance, will be followed by a discussion with Fabiola Gianotti, CERN's Director-General.
A few tips for those who are interested:
- Registration is mandatory for the workshops, interactive VR experiences and special events (awards ceremony and Particle Fever and Higgs@10 evening). It is possible (and advisable) to sign up in advance.
- The short films in the “youth” category will be screened continuously every day. Don’t hesitate to bring your family.
- To make the most of CineGlobe, why not combine a workshop with a short-film screening?
- Feeling peckish? Thirsty? The Novae food truck will be serving tasty snacks and refreshments throughout the festival.
- As usual, thanks to our sponsors, all the festival activities (except for food and drinks) are free.
You can find the full programme and registration details at cineglobe.ch.