Sometimes it's quicker to show an IT problem in person and more efficient to test and troubleshoot interactively, so from 2 October, you will be able to drop by this new location and get hands-on assistance with a wide range of IT issues, such as:
- support with hardware, e.g. repairs, cables, chargers and adapters (to use, borrow or buy on budget code)
- assistance with basic IT services, such as email, network connections, storage, permissions and managing two-factor authentication
- assistance with supported Operating Systems such as Linux, MacOS and Windows
- help with telephony devices as IT-SOS replaces the popular Labo Telecom
- advice on other IT software and tools
All this at an easily accessible location in Restaurant 2 (Building 504/R-005, between the coffee area and the cash machine).
Opening hours: Mon–Fri, 8.00 a.m.–5.00 p.m. non-stop
Service Portal page: IT-SOS
Of course, our ticketing system on the CERN Service Portal provides efficient support to answer all your questions and, importantly, this new area is intended to complement rather than replace the Service Desk in Building 55, which covers IT and the whole of CERN.
And if the IT-SOS team are not able to quickly resolve your issue, then a ticket will be created for you with the relevant details and sent to the appropriate experts.
Our friendly support staff look forward to welcoming you there soon!