Are you interested in learning more about the IP and patent aspect of knowledge transfer at CERN? Do you need to familiarise yourself with the research in a particular field in order to solve engineering problems, or to identify areas requiring further research? Or do you need to find industrial or academic partners in a specific field?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you may find the upcoming course “Finding Happiness in Patent Information Databases” useful.
This course will cover the fundamentals of intellectual property and patents, while explaining how patent information data sources and search tools can increase your knowledge of the state of the art in your field. You will also learn more about the services offered by CERN's Knowledge Transfer (KT) group.
Description of the course:
- Brief introduction to knowledge transfer at CERN
- Fundamentals of intellectual property and patents
- Anatomy of a patent vs scientific publication: exercise
- Patent classification: exercises
- Introduction to publicly accessible patent information databases: exercises
- Searching public access patent information databases (Espacenet and Google Patents): exercises
- Data analysis on patent information: exercises
- Q&A and wrap-up session
The next course will take place on 13 October 2022 and the enrolment deadline is 7 October 2022. For more information and to sign up please see the training catalogue.