CSC2013, the 36th CERN School of Computing, will take place in Nicosia, Cyprus from 19 to 30 August. Registration closes on 1 May 2013.
The school will cover three main themes: Data Technologies, Base Technologies and Physics Computing. In particular, it will address:
- Many-core performance optimization
- Concurrent programming
- Key aspects of multi-threading
- Writing code for tomorrow’s hardware, today
- Storage technologies, reliability and performance
- Cryptography, authentication authorization and accounting
- Data Replication, Caching, Monitoring, Alarms and Quota
- Writing secure software
- Observing software with attacker's eyes
- Software engineering for Physics Computing
- Statistical methods and probability concepts in physics-data analysis
- Monte Carlo method
- Multivariate Analysis and Visualisation
- Hypothesis testing as exemplified by recent HEP discoveries
The CSC is a true Summer University. The focus is on delivering academic knowledge rather than know-how, which can be better achieved through training at home institutes.
Students can take a final exam. Successful participants will receive the highly recognized CSC Diploma as well as formal Certificate of Credits awarded by University of Cyprus.
Networking and socialization is the other goal of CSCs. One vehicle for social networking is the CSC Sport Programme which proposes two to three hours of sport every afternoon to those who are interested.