The LISA (Laser Ionization and Spectroscopy of Actinides) consortium aims to train a new generation of experts in different fields of radioactive ion beam research and applications, with the underlying goal of improving knowledge of the elements known as the actinides using laser spectroscopy techniques.
The consortium is organising a conference in Leuven (Belgium) from 22 to 26 May 2023, during which a selection of talks and posters will be presented on the following topics:
- Radioactive ion beam facilities.
- Laser development.
- Medical applications of radionuclides.
- Ultra-trace analysis.
- Atomic and nuclear structure investigations.
- Development of laser ion sources, hot cavities, gas cells and jets.
- Production of actinide beams and samples.
To find out more about the conference and register, visit the event’s Indico page.